Wednesday, August 29, 2007

all right kids, I am a white, middle-class female with no hope of getting help to get an education in a field in which there is a great need. I'm looking into nursing at SIUE, and the tuition for out-of-state is absurd; the illinois tuition isn't too much better, either. the most pragmatic course of action, then, would be to look at scholarships. however, because I'm not a minority, a graduate of alton high, or a prospective teacher, I don't qualify for anything.

I don't understand this education shit. here I am, a good student with an extensive background in extracurricular activities, and there is nothing I can do to get a job or help fund an education in a field that is necessary. I could go to meramec, so I need to stop bitching so much, but the waiting lists are at times longer than what it would take to finish up my pre-reqs.

I don't know what to do with my life.

I told steven that if I were to go to nursing school, we'd have to get married (so I was an ill. resident) or I'd have to pop out a kid in order to afford school. I DONT KNOW GRRRRRRRRRRRRR why does the world mandate what is so hard to achieve???!!!

No comments: